Welcome

Your ticket to the vast world of beauty. Looking for something clean and polished? Wanting to experiment with something edgy? Either way, you've come to the right place.







Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pin Up Inspired Makeup Look


The whole pin up and hair net look is something that I've always loved. It is something that has become more popular among celebrities (Drew Barrymore has worn a similar look to one of the premieres of "Grey Gardens" as well as Gwen Stefani, who wore it for a professional shoot) and even has been shown on reality TV stars (if you ever follow America's Next Top Model, the opening credits for Cycle 10 feature an extra wrapping a hair net over contestant Katarzyna's face). However, this style is something that dates back to around the 1940s and is inspired by pin up artists of the time.

Usually for such a look, red or burgundy lipstick would be worn. I used a fuchsia gloss to modernize it and make it a little more wearable. Also, the liner is not the typical liquid liner or cake liner one would utilize for this.  I used a pencil liner. Here are the specific details on how I did the entire face:

For face: I put on Korres Face Primer before applying any color. I used a sheer application of Korres Ginger & Vitamins Foundation all over my face. Then I applied the middle shade of the Light/Medium ybf Brighten, Hide, and Sculpt palette to conceal undereye circles and redness. The blush I used is Utterly Chic, and it's from MAC.

For lips: I used a combination of glosses. I layered Korres Cherry Full Color Gloss in Fuchsia 54 on top of Illamasqua's Intense Lipgloss in Frenzy.

For eyes:  I lined the top lash line with Korres 9 Blue Petrol Pencil Liner and winged it out (I will post a tutorial on how to do this shortly). I lined the bottom lash line and waterline (which is also known as the inner lash line) with Korres 6 Metallic Grey to soften the look. I defined my eyebrows with MAC Eye Brows (it's their self-sharpening brow pencil) in Lingering.  To soften the lines I created (and to create my wings), I used Sephora Professionnel Brow Brush #10.

By the way, if you're interested, the hair net is from Urban Outfitters.

More pictures at the jump:



No comments:

Post a Comment